QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Seatrans Ship Management AS shall be recognized as a first class operator in the field of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) issues by systematically emphasizing QHSE in the planning and conduct of all activities and operations.
Ship Management Mission
Provide first class ship Management services, facilitating high vessel operational availability and QHSE standards at competitive cost, in order to be a preferred partner within specialized trades.
- Zero injuries and occupational illnesses.
- Zero discharges of substances that damage the environment.
- The risk of property damage shall be minimized and eventually lead to zero unwanted off hire.
Seatrans Ship Management AS will achieve the governing objectives by:
- Supplying the necessary financial and human resources.
- Implementing efficient measures ensuring protection of health, environment and safety for all our employees and those involved or affected by our operations.
- Assuring a high level of competence and skills amongst our employees.
- Creating a positive working environment and a preferred place of work.
- Assuring a high maintenance standard on all ships.
- Keeping all ships free from drugs and alcohol.
- Identifying and controlling environmental aspects.
- Adhering to all mandatory laws and regulations at all times.
- Working systematically through QHSE improvement targets, action plans and performance measurement.
The Management will:
- Establish and maintain procedures including all relevant considerations with respect to QHSE and ensure that the procedures and routines are understood and implemented.
- Establish and maintain a QHSE system providing safe working practices, safeguards against all identified risks and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Arrange both shore-side and shipboard audits to determine the effectiveness of the QHSE system.
- Implement measures of improvement including preventive and corrective actions.
- Support and promote anyone interfering or stopping activity to ensure safety.
All employees will:
- Always adhere to company procedures and routines and thereby contribute to a successful, safe, healthy and environmental friendly place of work and operations.
- Actively contribute to development and improvement of procedures and working practices, including reporting suggestion for improvement, unsafe acts and conditions, accidents and near accidents.
- Always assess and manage risk and actively interfere to stop unsafe acts and/or operations.
Our core values are:
- Care – We care!
- Involvement – We involve people!
- Innovation – We change and improve!
- Performance – What we say is what we do!
Shipping is environmentally friendly compared to road transportation, which often will be the only alternative to sea transportation. However, the environmental impact of shipping may be reduced.
We acknowledge that we are an integral part of the shipping industry, and that we shall use our best endeavors within our role and authority to reduce the shipping impact on the global environment. Our environmental performance is important to our customers and employees, but also to the global society.
We will work to prevent pollution, and support the environmental efforts of our customers and suppliers.
Seatrans Ship Management is committed to comply with all legal requirements regarding the environment and to the idea of continual improvement of our environmental performance.
Significant environmental aspects of Seatrans Ship Management As
As a ship management company we will focus on improving our environmental performance in two areas. Together with our customers we can achieve more. We will value any initiatives undertaken byour external parties, in support of our efforts.
To reduce the environmental impact of CO2, NOX and SOX is important to our employees, ourcustomers and the global society. We have implemented an action plan to reduce the amount of fuel used on our ships. This includes daily measures taken by crew on board on every day, and fleetwide initiatives to improve monitoring and fuel efficiency.
Generation of garbage
We already have a system for segregation of garbage in place, fulfilling all the local and global rules andregulations. Now we go one step further, by setting ourselves a target to reduce the amount of garbagewe generate, both on our vessels and in the offices.