Privacy statement – the Seatrans Group (SG)
SG will respect the confidentiality and privacy of personal data received or collected from others including but not limited to employees, customers and suppliers. SG will only collect personal data on a need-to-know basis and these data will be handled in a legal and secure way for the protection of individuals. Unintended disclosure must be reported immediately so that necessary steps can be taken to avoid further accidental extradition.
- All the companies within the SG may collect, store, possess, access, disclose, review and use personal data related to employees, customers, suppliers and other third parties for one or more of the following purposes:
- Employment (Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, next-of-kin, national ID-number, job position, bank account number, CV, test results, certifications, trade-union membership (if stated), photos and copy of passports).
- Management of actual and potential customer and supplier relations
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Safety, security and insurance administration
Personal data means any information concerning a person, e.g. name, e-mail address, telephone number or an evaluation that can be linked to a natural person (data subjects).
This privacy statement will provide general information concerning the processing of personal data, including what kind of personal data SG may process, why SG may process the personal data and the rights of the data subjects in this regard.
How personal data is collected
SG collects personal data by direct contact with the data subject or from third parties (e.g. public authorities), from publicly available sources or from third parties.
Legal basis and purpose
The legal basis for SG’s processing of personal data is article 6 1b) and c) in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose for processing is to fulfill an obligation and/or contract, personnel administration, or to manage relations to customers/vendors or other business associates.
Storage and security measures
The personal data that SG collect is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
SG performs strict access control, encryption of e-mail, and logging of access to ensure a high level of security of the personal data.
Erasure of personal data
SG has routines that ensures that personal data will be erased in accordance with the (GDPR).
If you believe there are grounds for erasure of personal data concerning you, please contact us to request erasure of personal data.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Personal data are not to be disclosed to third parties unless SG is obligated to disclose such information.
SG may engage third parties which will process personal data on SG’s behalf. SG only engage third parties which has provided sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that the processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subject.
Rights of the data subject
In the event that SG processes personal data concerning you, you will have the following rights in accordance with the GDPR:
- the right to obtain the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and access to the personal data and information regarding the purpose of the processing
- the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- the right to obtain restriction of processing of personal data
- the right to object to processing of personal data.
- the right to obtain erasure of personal data concerning you unless it exists legal grounds for processing.
- the right to receive personal data concerning you and the right to transmit those data to another controller.
If the legal ground for SG’s processing is your consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time for any reason.
If you believe that SG’s processing of personal data is in violation of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a written complaint to the National Data Protection Authority.
+47 55 92 32 00